About Tamar Valley Weed Strategy
The Tamar Valley Weed Strategy has received tremendous support from a whole range of groups and individuals: heavy and light industry, landcare groups, municipal councils, Tasmanian Farmers & Graziers Association, Federal and State governments and individual landowners and farmers.
We are often asked to explain just how we started, who we saw for financial and other help, and how we generally “got off the ground”. Many enquiries come from communities who are hoping to do something similar in their areas. Weeds, like the internet, know no boundaries!…
Tamar Natural Resource Management
…battles for the removal and eradication of a variety of weeds in the Tamar Region with considerable success.
Weeds to ‘keep your eyes peeled’ for throughout the year are:
- Boneseed – Boneseed Blitz in September (coincides with Weedbuster Week)
- Bridal Creeper – field days organised to inform the community
- Paterson’s Curse – information flyer is available for the community
- Ragwort – two Ragwort Raids are held in January annually (one on East Tamar and one on West Tamar)
- Rice Grass – survey completed every two years
- Serrated Tussock – field days organised to inform the community